Eternia: Prologue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eternia: Prologue

A world torn by the hatred of war.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Whats Going On

Go down 
+7
Hideki Ansem
Aceboy360
Xahoida
Violette
Method Acting
TruSeeker
True Mortal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
True Mortal

True Mortal

Whats Going On Empty
PostSubject: Whats Going On   Whats Going On I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 12:50 am

Just want to get to know some of you guys before hand. Just drop in and tell us whats up your name hobbies Etc.. discuss your expectations for the game,just simple discussion.

As you see my forum name is True Mortal, My real name is Ivan. I like writing stories,Boxing,Kickboxing,MMA and Muay Tai. I am an active person who likes to break the stereotype that just because you play online games you are a shut in chronic masterbater.
Back to top Go down
TruSeeker

Whats Going On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats Going On   Whats Going On I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:14 am

I like the way you think, that's why you get a gold star! Like a Star @ heaven (opps..at least it's a star..)

I agree though, Players can be active and fit as well. cheers Game Programmers don't have to have long beards flower , and Geeks don't have to wear glasses! Shocked

Players are sophisticated multi talented people with no lifes..I mean, it's late and I'm sleepy. Eitherway:

Name: Truseeker

Hobbies: Pressing Keys, Drinking water, clicking on his mouse (I know, cruel right?), and looking at his computer screen.

Seriously,

Name: Not Truseeker

Hobbies: Tennis, Chatting with the Fams, Making people laugh (yes, that's a hobby..), Reading books (blame Education), Walking to the store, washing dishes, making my bed when I wake up, Thrill Seeking? (Yes, that's a question mark.)

But those are just a few of my hobbies...

I honestly have high hopes for the game, I can't wait to play it, I've read the design document you've released and it sounded good. Looking forward to it, I just would like to see it break away from looking and feeling like other Byond games of old, It's an insult to classify a faulty style as "Byond Style" as people have posted on the Byond forums, but I'd like you to make this game feel nothing like it was made on Byond. It should feel like I popped a game into my GBA or Super Nintendo and everything was so well designed and implemented that I payed no attention at all to the beautiful landscape and the button to attack speed. I don't play games and glance at the very well designed forest (Though it may look amazing), but I'm so in tune with the game's core gameplay and/or story that the game's graphics fade into the background finishing a Final Image that is your game. (You may feel submerged in some games, but no one stares at an amazing tree for even 30 seconds..) But also keep in mind, if something's wrong with the graphics, the players can see that and it launches them out of your game's world and back to looking at a monitor and playing a game made by a "person".
Back to top Go down
Method Acting
Admin
Method Acting

Whats Going On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats Going On   Whats Going On I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:20 pm

This topic is definitely suited to be the first in general - good job! You both seem really interesting, unlike myself haha; I'm your stereotypical nerd.

Anyway, a little about myself..

I turned 18 back in February, and I'm currently at college studying business. Over in England, college is basically an extension to school (we finish at 16) and then there's university after, which is like the college in the US and everywhere else in the world.

I plan to take a year off once I'm done with college to travel around the world-- I'm a huge recluse-- so I think that this kind of experience would do me well. Then, once I've learned a little about myself, I'm hoping I'll be ready to decide my career path!

Well, that's enough about me. About the project itself, I'd say I'm excited to see how people inside and outside of BYOND will react to the game. I'm expecting, and hoping for, at least 50+ players online at any one time once we release, using their feedback to improve upon the original project so it's ready for Flash support. Flash support is an update that's coming to BYOND soon, that will enable games like Eternia to be played in the web browser without the need to install any programs. In the future you could see this game on websites like Kongregate and Facebook!

I will do everything in my power to ensure that Eternia is a fun game that will continue to expand with new content as the community grows. As you've most likely noticed the "Prologue" in Eternia's title, this is because we're planning to release a sequel that's even larger. I have high hopes not just for Eternia, but whatever else is released due to the success of this game.
Back to top Go down
http://byond.com/members/writinganewone
Violette

Violette

Whats Going On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats Going On   Whats Going On I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Hey there. Razz
My name is Violet, rather than Violette.
I'm currently enrolled in both high school, and a vocational school which I'm starting this upcoming year. (for web design/programming.)
I... don't really have many hobbies or interests. Most of my time is spent sleeping; or on the internet blogging, chatting, gaming, and streaming movies. I DO, however, play the trombone in my school's band, which I guess could count as a hobby if I really pushed it. Marching band is my favourite. :3
I work at a tearoom (it sounds schmancy and posh, but it really isn't) washing dishes, most of the time.

General interests
: cats, unhealthy food, rhythm games, sketching (badly), games in general, Doctor Who, gorefest films, reading (fantasy/psychology/sci-fi), insulting the intelligence of others (usually not on purpose), sorting and rearranging things, Discworld, wasting money on cheap things in dollar stores, overdressing, staying out of the heat, eavesdropping, being antisocial, overpunctuating, fiddling with the appearance of everything that can be fiddled with, being boring.

Oh, and I have a bizarre sleeping schedule most of the time.
I blame it on the internet.

was that alright? D:
Back to top Go down
Xahoida

Whats Going On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats Going On   Whats Going On I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:37 am

I don't think I'll write out some long bio but I'll do what I can!

So I'm 19 currently looking for jobs and getting ready to move out with my girlfriend. I might go to college but I have no idea what I want to go for. I'm interested in music. Hardcore, Metalcore, Post-hardcore, Popcore... and applecore (jk) but then a lot of folk, acoustic, and what ever you would classify Lady gaga and Katy Perry. I go to a lot of local shows to help promote and because I'm known from my old band. I'm about to join a new band though, doing the screaming vocals, and probably piano. I can also play guitar, bass, and the drums slightly.

Aside from that I'm a total nerd, I love anime and video games. Enough to get tattoos of them lol.

Seeing byond move to a flash system would be interesting cause i've been on here for years! But that definitely will get them a lot of publicity! I'm looking forward to playing this game because it's pixel art is wonderful and it's an rpg which is my favorite. I plan on sticking around.
Back to top Go down
Aceboy360

Whats Going On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats Going On   Whats Going On I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 1:57 am

What's uuup I'm Alex!

I just turned 18 and just graduated from school. I plan to get some degrees with music and music production, I play bass for almost two years and guitar for almost 4 years. I listen to primarily rock and some metal.

I am a nerd, but aren't we all? I play mainly Vindictus, Dragon Nest and BYOND, but I do have a PS3 and Xbox 360.

I plan to move out whenever I have the opportunity with my best friend when we both have a stable income and enough money to do so safely.

I really want to play Eternia and see how the RP and PvP works out and I wish the best of luck to this game because it looks to be the best quality game on BYOND so far!

My in-game name for RP will have Brand in it haha and for the PvP server I'll be using Brand as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Hideki Ansem

Whats Going On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats Going On   Whats Going On I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:08 pm

Hideki. 18. Enrolled in College doing computer sciences and video games programming.

I'm a sexy ass nerd, half Jamaican, half Japanese. Engaged.

I would give a huge ass bio, but I can't be asked because I'm kinda stoned...So without further ado! Hobbies:

RP'ing, programming, smoking weed, having sex, getting wasted with friends, pwning noobs.

That's it from me. See you in game, where I may be inclined to type more.

Don't be fooled by my hobbies, that is my black blood. The asian in me demands I have intelligence where needed. Wink farao
Back to top Go down
Jaed

Whats Going On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats Going On   Whats Going On I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Alias: Jaed/Lburn

My real name is Shaniqua, I own a catering business in Lauderdale Lakes, Florida. I've been using BYOND for about 9-10 years now and have pretty much seen it all. My skills include mapping, concept design, writing, and web development.

Not going to get into too much, but I'm pretty much as straight forward as they come. I work -a lot- these days, so I tend to be unavailable, but hey, gotta make money in order to live a comfortable life when you're on your own. Anyway, if you'd like to get in touch with me either PM me here or message me on byond, my key is Lburn.
Back to top Go down
Enzuigiri

Whats Going On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats Going On   Whats Going On I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 12:53 am

Name/Alias: Enzuigiri, Enzui, Some other names you need not to be aware of.

Interest: Kicking stuff, anything involving dogs, programming, graphic arts, sleep, MMA(Brazillia Jui jitsu to be exact), Taekwondo (only way to satisfy my need to kick stuff)

Back to top Go down
Medicator

Whats Going On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats Going On   Whats Going On I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:48 am

Hello, I'm Medicator.

My real name's Payton, I'm 18 and definitely a nerd, though atypical. I tend to spend less of my time being nerdy and more trying to find some way to make everything awesome. Which I tend to fail at.

Uh.. I draw comics.. Make music on my computer.. Fail at programming, but love it at the same time. I'm a creative person, which is why I'm on BYOND. RP is probably my only hobby. I make money selling artwork and what little skills I have with Java at the moment.

Plan on going to college in the Fall semester if I can afford it.. Still don't have a driver's license. Or a car that I actually own. And my relationship with my girlfriend can be summarized by Offspring's song 'Self-Esteem'... But I'm okay.

And I'm really looking forward to this game. I've been looking forward to it since I first found out about it. It'll be the first truly RP-conducive graphical world. Anime-based games limit you to what's known about the world the anime's based in, and games like Teridal are more social than anything. I'm happy to see how far it's come, and hope to be around to see much more~
Back to top Go down
Unwanted4Murder

Whats Going On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats Going On   Whats Going On I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:06 am

I'm Robert. I'm a shut-in chronic masturbator with a huge beard, although I'd say I'm quite attractive anyway... but maybe that's just my ego talking. I haven't showered in about two weeks and I'm really starting to smell. I live in Harrisburg, PA with my girlfriend, Tessa, who has been playing Skyrim since Christmas and never lets me near the Xbox anymore. I dropped out of high school when I was 18 - I'm 20 now. I'm an avid Doctor Who fan, and I spend most of my time either on Reddit or making BYOND games.

As for Eternia, I think it's going to blow your mind, swallow the load, and come back for seconds. Eternia isn't a BYOND game - it's a game designed in BYOND. We're going to dominate BYOND, we're going to dominate Kongregate, we're going to dominate Newgrounds, and we're going to dominate the internet. We've got the whips and chains, internet - the safe word is "Eternia."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whats Going On Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats Going On   Whats Going On I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats Going On
Page 1 of 1